Wagoner County Republican Party Newsletter
December 30th, 2018
2018 was yet another banner year for Republicans nationally! President Trump has a great many new accomplishments now under his belt, some of which are highlighted below:
- Record job-growth especially in the manufacturing sector which is now growing at the fastest rate in over 30 years.
- Incomes in general have soared in 2018 hitting surpassing 3 percent growth for the first time since before the Great Recession and are now at the highest level ever recorded.
- New unemployment claims have hit a 49-year low with record-setting lows for minorities and for Americans without a high-school diploma.
- Approximately 3.9 million Americans lifted off food stamps.
- A record number of regulations have been eliminated.
- The Obamacare individual mandate penalty is gone.
- Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
- 6 billion in new funding secured to fight the opioid epidemic.
- Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act
- Attained net natural gas exporter status for the first time since 1957.
- US oil production at an all-time high now exceeding that of Russia and Saudi Arabia to become the world’s largest crude oil producer.
- Withdrew the US from the Paris Climate Accord.
- Withdrew from the Iran Nuclear Deal.
- Moved the US Embassy to Jerusalem.
- Devastated the ISIS caliphate and exited Syria.
- Shut down the migrant caravans at the border.
- We have a new conservative Supreme Court justice, Brett Kavanaugh.
- Concluded a historic US-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA.
- In addition, negotiations are underway with Canada as well.
Hopefully, everyone had a very Merry Christmas and got to share time with friends and family. Here’s to a prosperous and memorable new year! Please join us Thursday for fellowship and insight as we kick off 2019 by hearing from Matt Pinnell, Oklahoma’s Lieutenant Governor-elect.
Next Meeting – Thursday, January 3rd
Church of God of Prophecy (123 West Sycamore Street, Coweta)
Guest Speaker: Lt. Governor-elect Matt Pinnell
Join us at 6:30 pm for a time of friendly fellowship.
Crock-Pot Pot Luck - Bring a crock-pot meal such as stew, chili, etc. to beat the cold and share with others!
Please use the West parking lot and entrance when attending regular monthly meetings.
Other important dates:
Thursday, February 7th – Precinct meetings (Tentative)
Tuesday, February 12th – Annual School Primary Elections/Special Elections
Last day to register to vote: Jan. 18th
Deadline to request absentee ballot: 5 p.m. Feb. 6th
Early voting: Thursday, February 7th, 8 AM - 6 PM
Friday, February 8th, 8 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday, March 5th – Special Elections
Last day to register to vote: Feb. 8th
Deadline to request absentee ballot: 5 p.m. Feb. 27th
Early voting: Thursday, February 28th, 8 AM - 6 PM
Friday, March 1st, 8 AM - 6 PM
Friday, April 5th – OKGOP Gala Dinner
Saturday, April 6th – Oklahoma Republican State Convention
First Moore Baptist Church
301 NE 27th St, Moore, OK 73160