Wagoner County Republican Party Newsletter
Next Meeting Scheduled for Thursday, February 2, 2023
(Bad Weather Backup Date will be Thursday, February 9, 2023)
(Please note we are meeting at Abundant Rain Church)
6:30 pm - Fellowship Theme - Cookies and Coffee
Save the date and information has already been sent to Precinct Chairs and Vice-Chairs.
Precinct meetings and elections are the basis of the Republican Party: Precinct meetings are the building blocks for the voice of the people and grassroots.
The business of the Precinct meeting is to:
- Elect new precinct officers for a 2-year term.
- Elect delegates to represent the precinct at the County Convention.
- Submit planks/amendments/changes to the Wagoner County GOP Platform, and Recommend changes to the OKGOP State Party Rules and State Party Platform.
Any person seeking to be seated as a delegate to any County or State Convention must:
- Be a registered Republican in the Precinct and County by the date set by the County Executive Committee, December 30, 2022.
- Attend their duly called local Precinct Meeting or if unable to attend the Precinct Meeting, you must contact your Precinct Chair before the close of the week of the precinct meeting. If you cannot reach your Precinct Chair, contact your County Chair.
- Be elected as a Delegate from the County Convention TO the State Convention.
All registered Republicans prior to December 30, 2022 are invited to attend. In order to streamline check-in, please bring your Voter ID card or you can locate your registration online and print it out.
If ALL of these requirements are NOT met a person may NOT be seated as a Delegate to the County Convention. No person may be seated as a Delegate to the Oklahoma Republican Party State Convention without being elected as a delegate from their respective County Convention without permission from the county chairman.
We welcome you to these meetings and look forward to seeing you there!
Come early and join us at 6:30 pm for a time of friendly fellowship.
(Cookies and Coffee)
From Highway 51 in Coweta, turn West on E 121st Street and then left (South) on the first intersecting street, S 273rd E Ave. Then proceed approximately 1 mile to the Abundant Rain Church.
Abundant Rain Church, 12425 S 273rd E Ave, Coweta, OK 74429
Other important dates:
Wagoner GOP County Convention
When: Saturday, February 25, 2023 (Bad Weather Backup Date will be Saturday, March 4)
Time: 9:00 am Sign in begins
10:00 am County Convention Starts
Where: Our Finest Hour Church, 11045 OK-51, Broken Arrow
1st Congressional District Congressman Kevin Hern,
2nd Congressional District Congressman Josh Brecheen,
and more to be announced.
* More info to come.
* To be a delegate at the County Convention, you must attend your precinct meeting. If you MUST be absent from the precinct meeting, you must contact your Precinct Chair before the close of the week of the precinct meeting. If you cannot reach your Precinct Chair, contact your County Chair.
* Republican guests are welcome. Therefore, you need not be a delegate to attend the County Convention (You will be a guest and not allowed to vote).
April Monthly Meeting
When: Thursday, April 6, 2023
6:30 pm - Fellowship Time - TBD
7:00 pm - Meeting
Where: Northeastern State University Broken Arrow, Room 216,
3100 New Orleans St, Broken Arrow, OK 74014
OKGOP Biennial State Convention
When: Friday, May 5, 2023 & Saturday, May 6, 2023
Where: OKC or Tulsa specific location TBA
* More info to come.
* To be a delegate at the Biennial State Convention, you must first start by attending your precinct meeting and then be elected as a Delegate from the County Convention TO the State Convention. If you MUST be absent from the precinct meeting, you must contact your Precinct Chair before the close of the week of the precinct meeting. If you cannot reach your Precinct Chair, contact your County Chair.
Your donations help get the message out to get Republicans elected - #LeadRight